I still can’t rave about this girl enough.
Robyn Lawley, the 22 year old plus sized (read: size 14 - 16, the standard for Australian women) model, based in New York.
I’ve been stalking her career with fervour. She’s just incredible
Who is this angel? You may ask. Well, I’m so happy to say she is one of the biggest up-and-comers of the modelling world.
Robyn Lawley is the plus-sized model gracing the pages of this month’s Vogue Australia and the cover of last month’s Vogue Italia! This size 14 - 16 beauty is turning heads the world over. At only 22 years of age, Lawley is breaking down the size 6 stereotypes of the industry and paving the way for stunning women of all shapes and sizes to follow in her footsteps.
Kirstie Clements, Editor of Vogue Australia, had this to say about her choice to feature Lawley in this months issue;
This is the first time VogueAustralia has shot a larger model and, of course, now that we have done it, I ask myself why we didn’t do it sooner. But that’s because Robyn is especially gorgeous. I went to the shoot to meet her and was transfixed by her beauty and poise. She is a truly super-duper model. When a plus-size model first turns up to the studio, she may be an anomaly to a team normally used to working with size-6’s, but once photographer Max Doyle started shooting Robyn, we quickly readjusted our preconceived notions of beauty. ‘She doesn’t actually look plus size to me at all now.’ I said to a colleague on set later that day, ‘And men like curves don’t they?’ He looked at me like I was an idiot. ‘Ah, yes Kirstie, we certainly do’ was his laconic reply. It’s an interesting conversation: the world of high fashion and fuller-figured women. One that needs to be continued.
Lawley is clearly a woman who is passionate about who she is and what she does.
I hope all the girls out there who are a natural size 12 - 16+ can follow Robyn Lawley’s lead and quit punishing themselves with gruelling diet regimes and excessive amount of exercise. Life is here to be enjoyed, so yes, be healthy! But also appreciate the body you have naturally! Beauty means different things to different people, and as a standard size 8 I am purely envious of Lawley’s sex kittenish curves and full-figured beauty.
AMAZING healthy bodies! These women are so beautiful and look so happy and confident in their own skin.
By no means is this the only type of body a woman should have, just a fantastic example of the bodies many women could have, if they took better care of themselves and accepted their bodies natural shape.
Via Yahoo News:
Dillon tried everything. “I was obsessive-compulsive about eating and weighing and measuring, and very punishing to myself if I ate too much,” she says. “It was bad.” Finally, though, she was flattened by a gruesome, 10-day intestinal bug, which left her almost…
This is an inspirational article, and shows that so long as you are healthy and happy, you are beautiful!
10 FOODS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GREAT.
- BLUEBERRIES The ultimate immune-boosting food. Rich in anti-oxidants.
- BROCCOLI Guards against cancer and is rich in a wide range of anti-oxidants, vitamins C and E, folate and iron.
- CARROTS High in carotenes, known to boost the immune system.
- LETTUCE AND SALAD GREENS Tangy varieties, such as chicory and endive, stimulate the liver, making them great detoxifiers. Most lettuces contain valuable amounts of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- BEETROOT Bursting with minerals and has anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, immune-boosting and detoxifying properties.
- BRAZIL NUTS You only need to eat two or three a day to benefit from their great combination of immune-boosting nutrients: vitamin E, selenium and B vitamins.
- GRAPEFRUIT Has immune-boosting, antiseptic, wound-healing and anti-bacterial properties.
- GARLIC Strengthens the heart and blood, and has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also thought to help lower blood pressure. A key ingredient is allicin, which has cancer-fighting potential.
- CRANBERRIES Best known for helping to prevent and treat urinary tract infections, especially cystitis, in women. They have both anti-fungal and antiviral properties.
- GINGER Stimulates the immune system and circulation.